OHI (PreViser) Awards
The Oral and Dental Research Trust is pleased to announce a new grant scheme funded by Oral Health Innovations Ltd, the UK provider of PreViser Clinical Risk and Disease Assessment technology.
The ODRT is seeking applications for small grants to support research programmes into the prevention of oral diseases with a specific emphasis on chronic diseases of ageing and patient-orientated research. Four grants are available to Dental Professionals and Scientists up to a maximum of £5000 per award.
Applications from the UK should comprise:
- Structured applications of no more than 2 sides of A4 giving the background to and detail of the proposed research programme
- 1 side of A4 detailing and justifying the financial expenditure
- An “Impact Statement” is also required to indicate how the research may benefit patients now or in the future.
Applications should be submitted electronically to the Administrative Officer of the ODRT,
Mrs Pam Howson, firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd March 2018.
You will receive e-mail confirmation that your application has been safely received. If you do not receive confirmation, please assume your submission has not arrived and contact us. Safe receipt of applications is the responsibility of the applicant and, should you be unable to demonstrate an acknowledgement, ODRT will not accept that a submission has been made.
This programme is designed to provide support for patient-orientated rather than basic research, and research that focusses on prevention in the broadest context. It is not designed to provide “top up” funding for existing projects, but to encourage new and innovative projects that have patients at their core.
The Oral and Dental Research Trust is now an NIHR non-commercial Partner and as such studies funded by this scheme are eligible for consideration for inclusion onto the NIHR Portfolio.
The results of this award round will be announced during the annual meeting of the BSODR. This programme is supported by a generous donation from Oral Health Innovations Ltd.
*OHI Ltd is the UK supplier of PreViser and DEPPA (Denplan PreViser Patient Assessment) technology, clinical online tools which assess the patient’s risk of oral diseases and their current health status. Personalised reports are produced which help the patient to understand and empower them to take control of their oral health.
2017 Award Winners
Dr Koula Asimakopoulou – KCL £5,000
Dr Lauren McCluskey – Royal Devon & Exeter Trust – £4,459
Mr Martin Ramsdale – University of Leeds – £4,851
Mr Pedro Bastos – KCL – £4,980
2016 Award Winners
Drs Anja Heilmann & Georgios Tsakos – UCL – £4,990
Ms Claire Mcilwaine – Peninsula – £4,942
2015 Award Winners
3 grants were awarded in 2015 to:
- Koula Asimakopoulou, Kings College London: ‘The effects of goal-setting, planning and self-monitoring (GPS) on behavioural and periodontal outcomes a randomised controlled trial (RCT)’ £5,000
- Paul Brocklehurst, University of Manchester: ‘Using discrete choice experiments to establish the oral health priorities for dependant older people’ £3,559
- Mark Ide, Kings College London: ‘Validation of Oral Health Assessment in Twins UK Study Cohort’ £4,749